Welcome to this month’s GPS Training podcast, it’s our 11th episode.
1. Today we have Andy and myself, Jon
As always, we are streaming it live on Facebook
So if you want to see what we all look like take a look at our Facebook page –
1. Just search for GPS Training on Facebook and don’t forget to ‘like’ our page.
So, without further ado let’s get on with today’s podcast ……
In today’s podcast we are going to look at the following –
1. We have an interview with Tom Grindey, from sales at Garmin. As we discuss the all new Fenix 5 plus multi activity GPS watch from Garmin
2. We will chat over the new training videos in online resource – inReach mini + Xpedition 2 (both PC and Mac users).
3. Top tips – both Garmin and SatMap
4. We discuss the European Galileo satellite system and with everything that is being discussed in the news recently will it be affected by Brexit – Jeremy Vine.
1. Garmin’s new Fenix 5 plus
Earlier this week I spoke to Tom Grindey, from sales at Garmin and told us more about the new Fenix 5 plus from Garmin.
2 – inReach Mini and Xpedition training videos in the online resource
1. Is this the third consecutive podcast we have discussed the inReach mini? It must be good as I have bought one!
2. Andy, if people don’t know what an inReach mini us can you just give us all a quick overview.
3. And next Andy, what’s the online resource?
4. Now we understand what we are talking about what are the main areas you cover in the training videos?
Module 1 – inReach Web Portal – What’s this and how does it work?
Module 2 – in Reach Mini – we hopefully know what this is?
Module 3 – Earthmate App – I am going to ask you the same as the first module, what’s this and how does it work?
So, in theory, this covers everything you need to know to set up and use not only the inReach mini but also the other Garmin inReach units and you get free access to these training videos if you buy your Garmin inReach from GPS Training.
If you want to find out more about this and all the Garmin inreach products go to – GPS Training.co.uk – click on GPS Store – and click on Garmin inReach – satellite communicators on the left-hand side
Xpedition training videos, these are also new to the GPS training online resource.
1. Andy, what is Xpedition?
2. And hopefully by now you know what the online resource is.
3 – Andy’s Top Tips
· Garmin – Setup System GPS + Glonass & Egnos / Waas turned on (Egnos was originally limited coverage but much wider now and all of uk great coverage)
· SatMap – Active 20 Settings – GPS Settings – GPS, GLONASS, Galilleo all on rather than just GPS
Green bars go blue when land-based picked up
Active10/12/20 all pick up Egnos
4 – Galileo and Brexit
1. This ties so well into the Podcast as this time last month, after recording the June Podcast we had a very interesting day – explain – Jeremy Vine show
2. Andy, what is Galileo?
3. What current GPS units use this satellite system and what other satellite systems do outdoor GPS units use?
4. Accuracy we are seeing with Galileo.
5. Are we going to see any difference in the Galileo post Brexit?
If you want to hear the interview on the Jeremy Vine show go to GPS Training – Click on News and you will see it in the news section.
5. To finish off podcast number 11
– Many thanks for listening and let us know anything you would like to be covered in the Podcast, we made it to our eleventh Podcast.
– Give us a call especially if you are thinking of a new GPS unit
– Please do look a look at both our physical GPS courses and also our webinars, just go to GPSTaining.co.uk and click on – GPS Training courses
– Please do tell your friends about the podcast and GPS Training
– Don’t forget you can watch us recording the podcast on our facebook page – gpstraininguk – or on our YouTube Channel – GPSTraining
– AND don’t forget to RST our podcast –
R – Rate our Podcast on iTunes
S – Subscribe to our Podcast on whatever platform you listen to us on
and – T – tell a friend about both GPS Training and the GPS Training Podcast, please help us spread the word.
Many thanks for Andy joining me on this, the 11th episode of our GPS Training podcast.