We are again live streaming on Facebook
Again, we are streaming on Facebook the recording of us all recording the Podcast, so if you want to see what we all look like take a look at our Facebook page –
1. Just search for GPS Training on Facebook and don’t forget to ‘like’ our page.
So, without further ado let’s get on with today’s podcast ……
In today’s podcast we are going to look and chat over the following –
1. Garmin Express, is this the way forward?
2. We have an ‘in the field’ look at the Garmin TOPO PRO mapping, the 1:25k mapping from Garmin that has off road routable data in National Parks.
3. Andy’s top tips – both SatMap and Garmin
4. The big debate – Walking with your GPS set up as Track up or North up?
5. Free access to our GPS Training online resource – for 1 month only
1. Garmin Express, what is it and what can you do with it –
It enables you to manage your GPS device from your desktop (both PC and Mac) and many things can now be done now with Garmin Express.
• You can
– Register all units
– Update unit software in units, rather than Web updater of doing this through Garmin BaseCamp
– Update Topo Active maps (Touch 20, 30, 25, 35, 750t)
– Oregon 7xx – connect it to your wifi
– Manage Connect IQ apps on your Oregon 7xx series
2. Putting the Garmin TOPO PRO 1:25k through their paces.
3. Andy’s top tips
• Garmin – Sellotape over map card
• SatMap – Like computer check for updates – Update active 20 using Wifi – Added new search feature as primary screen – data set Mountains and Hills – video in Online resource latest update showing new feature Latest sw v3.11.671
Active 12 SatSync – Help Latest sw v3.0.10994
4. The big debate – Walking with your GPS as North up or Track up
Before we jump into this debate we need to clarify what the difference is.
– What is the difference?
– Can we change this setting on both Garmin and SatMap GPS units?
– Are there any battery save benefits from one or the other?
5. Free access to our online resource – for one month only
Jon leads and brings in Andy
– What is the online resource?
If you go to GPSTraining.co.uk > online resource (top menu) > you will be on the online resource.
New video down at bottom of that page that shows you around the online resource.
Created by Andy this week!
– Normally £25.00 year of free for 1 year if you but a GPS from ourselves at GPS Training
– We have a special offer for February 2018 only, it will stop at the end of the month
– To take this offer up just e-mail us – email@example.com – and in the subject line put – free access to online resource – Feb offer
– We very much hope you like what you see and choose to sign up for a year, if you choose not to sign up I would be interested to know why not? Just drop us an e-mail
6. To finish off podcast number 6
– Many thanks for listening and let us know anything you would like to be covered in the Podcast
– Give us a call especially if you are thinking of a new GPS unit
– Please do look a look at both our physical GPS courses and also our webinars, just go to GPSTaining.co.uk and click on – GPS Training courses
– Please do tell your friends about the podcast and GPS Training
– Don’t forget you can watch us recording the podcast on our facebook page – gpstraininguk – or on our YouTube Channel – GPSTraining
– AND don’t forget please do subscribe and rate this podcast on whatever platform or podcast player you are listening to us on
Many thanks for Andy joining me on this, the 6th episode of our GPS Training podcast.