Welcome to this month’s GPS Training podcast, it’s our 20th episode.
So, without further ado let’s get on with today’s podcast ……
It’s our 20th podcast.
In today’s podcast we have the following –
· We talk to some of our participants on one of our recent GPS Training courses at Mungrisdale, in the wonderful Lake District.
· We talk over with Ian – downloading .gpx files, what are they and what are some good sources for these.
· I chat to Tom, from Garmin. But this time he has a different hat on his head as he is also a Scout leader and will talk over how they have used the Garmin inReach two way satellite communicators
· Ian’s FAQ’s, the questions he is being asked by participants on his courses. Both Garmin and SatMap.
On our course in Mungrisdale, in the Lakes I had a chat with a few of the participants – John, David T, David B and Margaret.
To find out more about the GPS training Courses please go to – gpstraining.co.uk – click on – gps training courses – then – on the left-hand side you will see the areas we deliver GPS training courses in –
The Lakes, New Forest, Northamptonshire, Northumberland, Peak District, Scottish Borders and the South Downs.
2 – The next thing on this month’s GPS training Podcast is a chat with Ian about gpx files, what are they, what do they do and we look at some of the websites you will find them on
Welcome Ian back to the Podcast, I hope you have been fighting away your new found fans after appearing in last month’s Podcast.
Q1. First of all Ian, what is a gpx file?
Q2. How do we get these onto our GPS devices?
Q3. Once we have downloaded them is there anything we need to look for?
Q4. What good websites can we find gpx files on
Long Distance Walkers Association
People ask about walks around where they live. I show them by putting some words like ‘gpx files for walks in ‘wherever’, in to an internet search engine they will get something back from the search
To find out more about importing .gpx files into your device there are some step by step videos in the GPS Training online resource – Just go to – gpstraining.co.uk – click on online resource – log in then go to – Garmin BaseCamp – select either
3. Next on this months Podcast is a chat with Tom, who you will know from Garmin, but this months he is back on the Podcast with his Scout Leader hat on
To find out more about any of the Garmin inReach products please go to – gpstraining.co.uk – click on gps store – and on the left-hand side you will see – Garmin inReach – satellite communicators
4 – Ian’s FAQ’s
I must welcome ian back to the Podcast to talk over some of his FAQ’s, the frequently asked questions he has been asked on his courses over the past month.
Ian, over the past month you have led both Garmin and SatMap courses, so I hope you have had you notepad handy to note down some of the questions you have been asked.
Ian – FAQ 1 – Garmin
Ian – FAQ 2 – SatMap
Don’t forget we have lots of tips and solutions to your questions in the GPS Training online resource – go to –
Tel: 01669 621044