Walking in the dark, an update on the stock situation and the big updates for the Garmin GPSMAP 66 and Montana 700 series of GPS Units.
In this month’s podcast
So, without a further a do let’s get on with this month’s GPS Training Podcast
1. The first thing on this month’s Podcast is a look at walking in the dark, what things do you need to take into consideration when navigating with an Outdoor GPS Unit
Andy, with your training ahead of the Spine Challenge Race next year you have been getting out a fair bit in the dark.
Andy, how’s your training going? You can sponsor Andy via his Just Giving Page.
You may not be planning to walk into the dark, but at this time of year it is very easy to end up in the dark and therefore you do need to think and plan ahead.
Brightness of headtorch
Nebo and SilvaWalking with Poles?
Planning/ downloading your route beforehand, especially when walking in the dark
5. Anything else we have not covered?
If you want to find out more about headtorches just visit our website – gpstraining.co.uk > GPS Store >
Headtorches and torches
2. Stock – With many units out of stock until late January/ early Feb we go through your options and the reason why
3. The next thing on this month’s GPS training podcast is the recent software updates for the Garmin GPSMAP 66 and 86 series and Montana 700 series
– Andy, what are the main ‘fixes’ or new features that have been rolled out with this software update?
Fit & GPX files match
Fixed selecting current activity sometimes shutting down
On Course off course on tracks and new courses feature
Can now use Garmin connect to send courses to watch
– How do we update our Garmin GPS units? Basecamp Windows Devices menu, Mac Basecamp but search for and download Garmin Webupdater or Garmin Express
To watch video tutorials on how to update your unit please do sign up for the GPS Training online resource, this is packed full of video top tips. Go to our website – gpstraining.co.uk and click on the – Online resource – on the top menu bar
4. The next thing on this month’s GPS Training Podcast is Andy’s top tips – and we have lots of them –
Garmin – If unit with built-in battery locked up frozen screen what to do – Hold power button in 20 – 30 seconds or until re-boot
Stopping for long break inside say a pub for lunch rather than turn unit off – power button once – hibernate 1hr or 2 hr – One tap power button back on
(Main Menu – Settings – Hibernate Settings Option to change from defaults)
To find more top tips please do sign up for the GPS Training online resource, this is packed full of video top tips. Go to our website – gpstarining.co.uk and click on the – Online resource – on the top menu bar
Tel: 01669 621044