In this special ’mid-month’ podcast I am joined by a special guest, Tommy Wilkinson. He was, and still is, a keen racer, having won numerous Scottish DH races and spent two seasons chasing the World Cup dream as a dirtbag privateer. A “little bobble” on a jump in 2013 left Tommy with a fractured skull, brain hemorrhage, a spinal cord contusion, damaged disc, and permanently paralyzed right arm.
He’s also an award-winning photographer and cinematographer.
That’s not a bad introduction Tommy, welcome to the GPS Training podcast
So, who is Tommy Wilkison?
Racing career – Scottish Down Hill races, chasing World Cup dream
– How did you get into downhill mountain biking?
– What level did you get to
2013 crash – fractured skull, brain hemorrhage, a spinal cord contusion, damaged disc and permanently paralyzed right arm.
– What happened?
– How long where you in hospital
– How long was it before you got back on the bike?
– How did that feel
– Adaptions to bike? What has been done – one break lever, electric gears?
– Fallen off bike and injuries post-accident?
Naughty Northumbrian event
– Linbriggs Farm (Katherine) or Clennel (current location?)
Award-winning photographer and cinematographer
– Was something you got into post-accident?
– Outdoor based?
– Only Mountain biking?
Land access – working with who, Cheviot Hills?
Mountain bikers looking after the environment?
Doing conservation work?
Trail design and trail management
Tel: 01669 621044