The Spine Challenger race – Post-event catch-up.
As both Andy and I competed in it and we both have our own stories from the event we thought it best to bring in a guest presenter this month.
And this is Jane, my long-suffering wife, who also has her own Spine story after spending lots of time in the area, both when I was personally out doing my recce’s of the route and also running around, dropping off, dot watching and just like Andy and myself getting very little sleep during the event itself.
If you have not already done so, please go back and listen to last month’s podcast, when we had our pre-event chat, if you are looking for the ‘back story’.
If you can support us –
108 miles in total
60 hours to complete
Total Ascent: 5451 metres, 17,883 feet
1 checkpoint (Hebdon Bridge) – 46 miles
Soft checkpoint (1.5) (Malham Tarn) – 84.5 miles
– Kit check
– tracker – received the Saturday morning
– Race number
4. Race morning – Start to CP1 (Hebdon Bridge) – 46 miles
– How did each of you manage – highs/ lows/ speed/ difficulty
– Time arrived – CP1 – what did you do at CP and what time did you get away?
– Andy, take us through the xx miles from CP1, how did you feel initially, when did things start taking a turn for the worse?
– Nausea – when did this start Andy?
What where you feeling
– Andy reached – Lothersdale – Mileage 64 miles ish – Time ??
Talk me through those 20 miles from CP1 to Lothersdale?
How did you get back and where did you get back to.
– I was hoping to sleep just after CP1.5, but with the weather I decided to push on
Horton in Ribblesdale – 4.20 am – leader overtook me at 4.00 am – official footage from the Spine Race
Tel: 01669 621044