Limited edition Coros Apex 2 Pro Chamonix Edition, New series on YouTube, map options and Andy’s top tips
In this month’s podcast –
1. The new limited edition Coros Apex 2 Pro Chamonix Edition – GPS Watch
2. The new series on YouTube – FAQ’s
3. Map options available for an Outdoor GPS unit and the pros/ cons of each
4. We then have Andy’s top tips
It must be good as Andy’s bought himself one and even my wife likes it!
– What is the Coros Apex 2?
There has been a large software update in the past week which includes turn by turn routing and the ability to put a picture/ logo on the watch screen, anything else? Sign up to Beta on www.coros.com select Support – software updates – august beta updates for signup instructions.
– Turn-by-Turn Navigation – *BETA ONLY
Turn-by-Turn Navigation is available for you to test on your compatible COROS watch, helping you navigate with confidence wherever you are. Save any route in the COROS app and sync it directly to your watch to be notified of upcoming turns on your route automatically.
There will be a limited number of available testing slots based on the workload our support/product teams can handle (~500 users).
We expect the public beta to run 3-6 months, and once it is ready we will push to all global users with an update.
– Create Your Own Watch Face
Elevate your look with the COROS app. Go analog, or digital. Pick a personal photo or choose from our collection.
– Statistics Summary Page
Maximize your training insights, choose a date range, filter by activity type, and quickly view your Threshold Heart Rate Zone Distribution to ensure your training was where you intended it.
Create a workout for your trail runs, including setting elevation gain as a target goal.
– New Watermark Image Sharing
Share your achievements and motivate others with new customizable watermark images. Upload a personal photo and overlay your training data for a quick visual summary of your workout.
– Even More Updates
Easier Route Sharing: Share and send routes to others over text messages and social media. Select the link to open the route and view data like elevation, distance, waypoints, and more.
– Accessible RHR Data: Resting Heart Rate during the day will now be predicted based on sleep heart rate, which will provide an automatic way to get your RHR data.
– Favorite Locations: Create favorite Locations on the Explore page for quick access when creating new routes. Before drawing a route, click the location and edit and name the location directly.
– Merge points on custom routes: Merge “start” and “end” points on your routes created on the Explore page. Merge the points in the upper right corner to the left of the bottom button.
– WiFi: Improved Wifi connection to speed up the installation of firmware updates.
– Extended Activity Recording option: Previously, the longest activity you could record was 200 hours. Additionally, that was the maximum number of hours users could record on their watch before syncing to the COROS App. This has been extended to 1200 hours.
– What is the Chamonix Edition, and how is it different?
Limited release 3000 x units worldwide
If you aspire to train hard and move fast outdoors, there’s no more iconic base than Chamonix. The spiritual home of trail running and gateway to the epic terrain of Mont Blanc, this special edition APEX 2 Pro celebrates one of the greatest places on earth to train and trail-blaze.
ALPINE INSPIRED COLORS
Far from the green that dominates the lower slopes, the blue and grey colors echo Mont Blanc’s high elevations where rock and glacier meet the piercing sky.
– Price – £448.00
– Walk and talk on the Coros Apex 2 – next Wednesday – 6th September, I take the watch for a 20-mile walk in the Cheviot Hills
– We have both become big fans of the Coros Apex 2 range of watches
If you want to find out more about the Coros Apex 2 please go to GPSTraining.co.uk > GPS Store > GPS Watches
Every fortnight I am going to release a new video answering the most Frequently Asked Questions I get asked on any particular subject –
– Released – FAQ’s on GPS Training Ordnance Survey Route Planning Software
– 13th September – FAQ’s we get asked with regard to GPS units with built-in batteries
AND lots more to come including –
If watch these videos please go to our website GPSTraining.co.uk > News > The frequently asked questions we get about …..
Import GPX to Coros App – Coros android phone after recent updates, if GPX files downloaded to Google files – downloads finding when you select open with Coros not there simply select 3 black dots to right – Share and then scroll down list select Coro – Save Route select name box change if required – Save then option to sync to watch.
Topo Active Maps for Tour Cycling – When cycling on units with Topo Active Maps you can turn off OS maps via Setup – Map – Map Manger (Older units Configure Maps) , I find this map view and map style easier for Road Cycling & urban environments.
Either disable Topo Pro 1:50k or 1:25k Select regions.
In Setup – Map – advanced – Detail level higher for digital topo active
Tel: 01669 621044