Garmin eTrex SE, 7 months on, GPS in the Hills and which app should you be using?
The big 90, that not bad going.
In this month’s podcast –
1. eTrex SE – 7 months on
2. GPS in the Hills – last course this/ last weekend – what is this course all about?
3. BaseCamp, connect, explore – which and for what scenarios – When using alongside a Garmin handheld unit?
4. We then have Andy’s top tips
– Garmin eTrex SE – 7 months on
The Garmin eTrerx SE was launched on the 14th March, in the same day the Garmin GPSMAP 67/ 67i was launched
Price – £149.99
To read an indepth review on the Garmin eTrex SE go to GpsTraining.co.uk > Product Reviews > Garmin eTrex SE Review
– GPS in the hills course – what is this?
You may have seen this on our website/ newsletters
For those who have been on our two-day Garmin GPS Training course.
£158.00 on website, but if you have been on a course you get a discount code making it half-priced – £79.00
What do we cover on this day-long course
Week leading upto course
– Planning over Zoom – week leading upto course
On the day – straight out onto the hill –
– Following the pre-planned route
– Looking at the different navigational experiences for a route, track, and course
– Trackback – we will do a trackback taking us back the way we came
– Creating a route directly on the unit
– Managing an emergency situation – what options do we have and how are we going to approach this
– Changing the ‘pre-planned’ plans – what options do we have and how we do this
– Navigating in the dark, how to set up our GPS units
This will all be delivered during an 8 – 12 mile walk (depending on elevation climbed) and only people who have been on our 2-day course will be invited onto the course.
South Downs – 4th October 2024
Lakes – 18th October 2024
Northumberland – 26th October 2024
If you want to find out more about our GPS courses please go to our website > GpsTraining.co.uk > GPS Training Course
– BaseCamp, Connect, Explore – which and for what scenarios – When using alongside a Garmin handheld unit?
– Andy’s Top Tips
Explore App – Convert imported GPX files from track or route to a course before syncing – syncs quicker and seems to be more reliable when syncing
2 X Drawing pin icon – Route
Footprint icon -Track
Curved line – Course
3 x Red dots top right screen – copy as course, go back to track or route 3 x red dots top right select delete
Remember Find / Spy Glass Course
GPSMap65s – Pause Track – in theory you cannot or can you?
– When you are just about to go into a building and want to stop the recording – press your menu button twice to goto main menu
– Select Setup
– Select System
– Select Satellite System – changed from Muliti-GNSS to DEMO
– When you come out of the building and standing where your changed satellite to Demo – repeat the process and change Satellite back to Multi-GNSS
Tel: 01669 621044